This year, local community groups, service clubs, schools, faith-based organizations, arts, culture and heritage groups, sport organizations and businesses are invited to submit a 30-second video that could be featured in in Richmond’s first-ever Digital Parade on Canada Day.
Let’s showcase and celebrate our community’s shared values of respect, inclusion and diversity.
Share your group’s community spirit! Prizes will be awarded in six categories. Deadline for submissions has now been extended to June 21, 2021!
- Community organization entry – Ted Lorenz Award
- Service club or faith-based organization entry – Seiner Award
- Commercial entry – Troller Award
- Sports team entry – Gillnetter Award
- Arts, culture and heritage group entry – Sturgeon Award
- School group entry – Salmon Fry Award
To be considered for inclusion in the Digital Canada Day Parade on July 1, each entry must comply with the Digital Parade Guidelines and Technical Specs below.
Digital Parade Guidelines:
- Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds in length.
- One entry per organization.
- Videos must demonstrate compliance with public health orders (e.g. physical distancing)
- Videos must include a Canada Day theme/message and showcase your organization’s community pride.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a signed
- Videos must be appropriate for a family audience. Videos should not focus on religious, political, ideological or controversial themes or issues. Use of any political sign, social or political material is not permitted.
- Commercial entries are encouraged and should focus on showcasing community pride rather than commercial marketing.
- The Adjudication Committee (representatives from the Steveston Community Society and the City of Richmond) reserves the right to:
- exclude any submissions that do not meet the guidelines or that feature content that is not aligned with the Canada Day theme
- limit the number of entries showcased in each category of the Digital Parade on July 1 based on the volume of entries.
Award winners will be chosen from eligible entries and decided at the sole discretion of the Adjudication Committee. Entries will be judged on:
- Canada Day theme
- community spirit
Winners will be announced during the Digital Parade on July 1. Winners will receive prize notifications via email.
- Minimum resolution of 1920×1080 (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Higher resolutions like 4K are welcomed
- 23.98 fps or 24 fps preferable
- .MOV or .MP4 files only
- Shot horizontally, NOT vertically
- 30 seconds maximum
File Naming Protocol:
File naming protocol: ‘SalmonFestParade_ORGANIZATION NAME’
– ie: SalmonFestParade_AmberPacificStudios.mp4
- You must have full legal rights to any and all photographic, film, images or music supplied to the City of Richmond, Richmond Agricultural and Industrial Society and Amber Pacific Studios for use in the video.
– If using music, it must be royalty free or licensed.
- By submitting, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold City of Richmond, Richmond Agricultural and Industrial Society and Amber Pacific Studios and its officers, directors, agents, employees, representatives, associates and affiliates and each of them, harmless from and against any and all losses, costs, damage, liability and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any claim whatsoever, directly or indirectly, from the use of copyright images supplied to City of Richmond, Richmond Agricultural and Industrial Society and Amber Pacific Studios.
Email Video Waiver/Release as one PDF and provide a link to your “digital float video” using YouTube to: Festivals@richmond.ca. Videos sent as email attachments will not be accepted for security reasons. We encourage you to keep your digital parade submissions private by setting visibility as “Unlisted” through YouTube, limiting visibility of your video.
- Title your YouTube video in this format: ‘SalmonFestParade_ORGANIZATION NAME’
- Set the video as “Unlisted”
- Email the URL to Festivals@richmond.ca, using the subject line: ‘Salmon Fest Parade Submission: ORGANIZATION NAME’
- Be sure to include in the email your organization’s contact name and information
All organizations whose submissions are selected to be included in the Digital Parade on July 1 will be required to submit a Video Waiver/Consent Form signed by all video participants.